WeXchange insights through images. Were you captured? Tag yourself on our Facebook album.
Managing Partner, SV LATAM Fund
Founder, Surfing Tsunamis
Founding Partner, NXTP Labs
Managing Partner, Ulu Ventures
Principal Specialist, Multilateral Investment Fund
Executive Director, BeST innovation & Singularity University Chile
Founder & CEO, VU Security
Responsable, Centro de Desarrollo Económico de la Mujer, Secretaría de Emprendedores y Pymes
Managing Partner, Angel Ventures
CEO and Partner, INNOVATORS
Founding Partner, Copacabana House Ventures
COO & Founder, FirstJob.me
Director of Operations, RedEmprendia
Undersecretary of Creative Economy and Innovation, Gobierno of Buenos Aires
General Manager, Multilateral Investment Fund
Co-Founder & CTO, Nubimetrics
Director of High Impact Entrepreneurship, INADEM
The Pitch Competition is a business competition for Latin American and Caribbean high-growth women entrepreneurs that took place during the WeXchange forum. Through the competition, entrepreneurs had the opportunity to show off her business in front of an online and offline audience packed with the most active members of Latin America and the Caribbean's entrepreneurial ecosystems.
2016 PITCH COMPETITION WINNER & FINALISTS
It is democratizing science and changing the way science is taught. Students and teachers around the world can experiment with a lab in their pocket.
Kaitek Labs, Chile
Through biochemical engineering, its technology converts bacteria into computers. The first application of its technology is an on-site kit for detection of red tide.
Enables controlled transfer of legal documents with the use of blockchain technology.
Melina García Herrera
Life Monitor, Mexico
Preservation of animal health, avoiding economic losses, through a comprehensive information system that, via its own technology, captures, transfers and processes high impact bioindicators.
It is an online platform that, through its own algorithm, simplifies the process of renting properties in the long term and minimizes the risk of each transaction.
Company specializing in genetic, molecular, research and development for cancer and other complex diseases.
- The winning entrepreneur and her co-founder will participate in a one-week immersion program in Silicon Valley, participating in workshops delivered by educational institutions, startup-oriented events, networking opportunities with entrepreneurs operating in the same industry, coaching sessions with mentors, and pitching sessions with investors. Sponsored by Mercado Libre and Puente Labs.
- A BlueSmart suitcase. Sponsored by BlueSmart.
WINNER AND TWO FINALISTS WITH BEST QUALIFICATIONS:
- A BoosterWe grant, to take part in a practical stay program of between 6 and 12 weeks, in consolidated companies operating in complementary sectors and in another country. The scholarships include 1,000 euros per month of stay (for a maximum of 3 months), travel insurance, travel assistance of up to 1,000 euros, family conciliation aids of 1,500 euros (500 euros per month of stay for women with children under 4 years old), and access to the network of mentors of RedEmprendia. Prize sponsored by RedEmprendia.
- BizSpark program for start-ups of Azure Cloud Services. Award sponsored by Microsoft.
- Access to the "Own the Moment: Pitch to Male Investors using Gender Awareness" webinar, organized by Global Invest Her. Award sponsored by the MIF.
Powered by Endeavor Argentina, the women entrepreneurs took part in mentoring sessions, led by the best in the industry. Topics discussed included: fundraising and investors, marketing, sales, international expansion, technology, legal framework, financial framework, and the Brazil-specific mentoring.