About the Pitch Competition
The Pitch Competition awards the most innovative and dynamic entrepreneur within the fields of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Trough the competition the women entrepreneurs have the chance to meet investors, mentors and entrepreneurs of all the region, as well as to access prizes that will help to the growth of their company.
Through this competition, six finalists will be selected to make their pitch to an independent panel of experts at the WeXchange forum in Lima, Peru. The winner and finalists will receive important prizes for their participation.
The Pitch Competition is organized by Angel Ventures.
- The winner of the Wexchange 2018 Pitch Competition will have the privilege of participating in the exclusive Innovation Experience program in Israel (www.innovationexperience.org/). During a week she will meet the most successful entrepreneurs in the world, will be inspired by knowing their success and failure stories, and will understand how they managed to turn their projects into companies with a global impact. The program combines inspiration with learning so you will also receive training on specific topics to learn how to apply innovation within your own venture and have access to a networking with successful entrepreneurs from throughout Latin America.
- Everis and Everis Foundation will offer the winner 20 hours of personalized mentoring, and the finalists 16 hours of personalized mentoring for each one, by the company's experts. www.everis.com/global/es
- The winner will also receive a membership of an office for one year at the WeWork LATAM offices and the finalists a six-month membership for hot desks. www.wework.com
- The winner will be entitled to a 1-week pass to attend the LAVCA 2019 event. www.lavca.org
- The winner and finalists will receive a 1-year membership for courses offered by Crehana. www.crehana.com
DashFleet: Intelligent Transport System that runs on a proprietary hardware called BlackBox that has different applications, among them the control and management of the fleet, the onboard entertainment system, the people counting, the on-board video surveillance and the detection of sleep in drivers
Rebus: is the first event management solution powered by AI that gives attendees a meaningful way to participate in an event within their eight-second attention span, our proprietary machine learning algorithm model increases real-time event revenue by predicting the content, products, and services that attendees will find most relevant. Creating customized and monetizable apps for events that give clients the ability to target users and improve results.
María Laura Palacios
AgroPuma: It is a unique agricultural management platform that allows to visualize, store and manage all the information generated during the production process. It is georeferenced and ordered by campaign, lot, environment, among others. The monitoring variables can be customized and the information can come from remote sensors, drones, excell, etc.
WABA.network: is a FinTech startup that allows communities to address socioeconomic challenges by implementing their own financial systems. Our blockchain-based platform helps SMEs and local shops increase production and sales by reducing credit costs and attracting customers. Our two main products are Discoin (https://discoin.com.ar/) and MonedaPAR (http://www.monedapar.com/).
Jury of the Pitch Competition 2018
Alexandra de Haan
SVP Finance, Mubadala Capital
Managing Director, Endeavor Perú
General Partner, Jaguar Ventures
Founding Partner, NXTP Labs
Investor, former Managing Director, Intel Corporation Startup Program
We appreciate the virtual judging panel that supported the selection process for the finalists of the Pitch Competition 2018.